How to Highlight Lashes?
What do we need?
- Jet black eyeliner which has good pigmentation. I used kryolan ikonic gel eyeliner in black.
- An eye shadow which suits your eyes the best, preferably in metallic finish. I have used L’oreal color Infaillible in Midnight Blue as darker shades of blues suit my eyes the most.
- A long staying black khol. Lakme absolute khol is the one I have used; it gives excellent pigmentation even on the waterline and does not smudge at all.
- An eye lash curler.
- A volumizing and lengthening mascara which would give good volume to your lashes. You may even use false eye lashes. I have used L’oreal Paris million lashes mascara.
What do we need to do to highlight lashes?
Start with moisturizing your eyes. Conceal the dark circles if required.
Groom and fill your eyebrows. This is the most important step in any eye makeup and accentuates your natural features.
Pick up your black eyeliner and apply thick eyeliner in dome shape. Try to fill the entire gap in between the lashes so that your skin does not peep in when you open your eyes.
You need not worry about precision because we are going to smudge it anyway in the next step!
Take your smudger brush and smudge the eyeliner especially towards the crease. We do not need any sharp lines.
That is how we want it to be- soft smokey black eyeliner look as of now.
Now take your favorite metallic eye shadow, dip your shader or pencil brush into it and pat over the black eyeliner.
Pat only on the area where we have applied the black eyeliner previously and not beyond that.
This gives an instant pop to your eyes. It is already looking very appealing, isn’t it? Not that I normally rave about my eye makeup but this time I couldn’t resist.
Look for any voids where the black eyeliner is peeping through the blue shadow; fill in the gap by packing some more eye shadow.
Tight line the water line with a dark black, richly pigmented kohl.
Curl your eye lashes and try to give relatively more curve to your lashes for this look.
Apply the most lengthening and volumizing mascara in your stash. Still better, go for false eye lashes!
That is how the eyes look once you are done. Do you see the lashes speaking for themselves?
Points To Remember:
- Choose whichever metallic eye shadow suits you the best—blue, metallic grey, green or purple.
- Do not extend the eye shadow beyond the crease, in the outer corner or below the lower lash line because we want the emphasis to be laid on the eyelashes.
- This look is great for evening parties, or with ethnic wear but not for day wear.
- Club it with a nude shade lip color for the perfect balanced look
A few simple steps and you can transform your beautiful eyes into a piece of art! Makeup is art! It takes precision, practice, and patience to become an expert—just like any other art form. So, don’t give up the first time your makeup lets you down. Try again. With a little perseverance, you too can become a makeup wizard!
Try this simple eye makeup tip to highlight lashes. And do let us know how the world raved about your beautiful eyes! Until next time, take care!
Hope you found this tutorial helpful. How can we improve? Do let us know in the comments section below.