Do you feel that your kids are not eating enough greens? Do you feel the need to push in some green vegetables to the daily diet of your family? Well, the best way would be to make some appetizing green bean salad that they cannot say no to! Green beans are a great source of vitamin K, folate and fiber. Green beans contain a wide variety of carotenoids and flavonoids that have health-supportive antioxidant properties.
Top 10 Green Bean Salad Recipes
Here are some great appetizing Green Bean Salad recipes, just for you!
1. Marinated Potato And Green Bean Salad:
- Whisk red wine vinegar, salt, dijon mustard, olive oil and crushed garlic to make a dressing.
- Toss together boiled and quartered baby potatoes, steamed green beans, finely diced sweet bell pepper and finely diced onion with the dressing.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve this green bean and potato salad at room temperature or warm.
2. Marinated Green Beans With Olives, Tomatoes, And Feta:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet.
- Cook garlic in the oil for about 30 seconds.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in the olives, tomatoes, vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture over green beans boiled in salt water and drained.
- Toss together until beans are evenly coated.
- Sprinkle feta cheese over the top and garnish with oregano sprigs.
- Chill at least 3 hours before serving this green bean feta salad.
3. Simple Green Bean Salad:
- Boil the beans for 5 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok and add chopped garlic.
- Add blanched beans and sauté them for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper and Serve hot. It tastes great with potatoes and meat.
4. Tuna and Green Bean Salad:
- In a bowl, mix the drained tuna (which was canned in brine), beans, cherry tomatoes, pomegranate, sliced olives, chopped parsley and diced onions.
- Keep aside.
- In another bowl, mix the vinegar, salt, pepper and the olive oil.
- Add the vinaigrette to the salad.
- Garnish with grated hard boiled egg and serve.
5. Green Bean Salad With Basil, Balsamic, And Parmesan Recipe:
- Place the boiled green beans, sliced red onion, and chopped basil in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle in the olive oil, toss to coat.
- Sprinkle in balsamic and parmesan cheese.
- Toss to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Chill until ready to serve.
6. Mexican Green Bean Salad:
- Place boiled beans in a large bowl.
- Gently mix in lime juice or vinegar, olive oil, 1/4 cup onion, sliced pickled jalapeños, sea salt, oregano, and cilantro.
- Let it sit for half an hour.
- When ready to serve, gently mix in chopped red onion and cheese.
- Serve avocado slices and tomato wedges on the side or mixed into the salad.
7. Potato-Green Bean Salad with Cucumber Dressing:
- Toss cucumber with a generous pinch of salt and place in a small strainer.
- Let it drain 15 minutes, and then squeeze well to remove excess moisture. In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, dried parsley, dried tarragon, onions, mustard, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Fold in the cucumber.
- Stir in the tomatoes and set aside.
- Toss in quartered potatoes and green beans, which were cooked in salt water, and gently mix.
- Slice boiled egg into 1/2 inch rounds and gently mix into the potato mixture and serve.
8. Salad Nicoise:
- In a large bowl, combine cooked and quartered potatoes, parsley, olives, sliced onion, canned tuna, and cooked green beans.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- In large bowl, toss mixed salad greens with vinaigrette and top with chilled potato mixture.
- Garnish with quartered boiled eggs, thinly sliced tomatoes, capers, and anchovy fillets.
9. Fresh Corn and Green Bean Salad:
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add half cup chopped onions, cooked corn kernels, cooked green beans, and parsley.
- Toss the salad together until fully mixed and coated with the dressing.
- Cover and chill for up to four hours before serving.
10. Three Bean Salads:
- Mix together cooked green beans, cooked wax beans, cooked kidney beans, thinly sliced rings of onion, sugar, vinegar, vegetable oil, salt, pepper, and celery seed.
- Let it sit in refrigerator for at least 12 hours before serving.
With these appetizing salads, meal time will no longer be boring or bland. Not only are these sumptuous but also very nutritious. Try these fresh green bean salad recipes at home today!
Do salads form a part of your daily diet? Do you have a few favorite salad recipes? Do share with us in the comments section below!