Bhurji is a traditional Indian preparation that is usually made with paneer (cottage cheese), but you can swap it for tofu to give yourself a change once in a while. Made with minimal oil and packed with proteins, vitamins and minerals, this is a great recipe to make for your family.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
• 1 tsp oil
• 1 green chilli
• 2 cloves of garlic
• ½ cup chopped onions
• 1 spring onion, finely chopped
• ½ a tomato, finely chopped
• ½ a green capsicum, chopped
• ½ tsp turmeric powder
• Salt to taste
• Coriander for garnishing
• 200g fresh tofu
• Heat the oil in a pan. Once it is heated, add the green chillies and the garlic.
• Add the chopped onions and stir them till they turn golden brown in colour.
• Add the chopped tomatoes, capsicum and spring onions.
• Stir the ingredients once. Add the turmeric powder and salt.
• Crush the tofu before putting it in the pan. Stir the ingredients around
• If you like, you can also add vegetables like peas, corn, baby corn, mushroom, or red and yellow capsicum.
• Stir the ingredients well.
• Cook the bhurji for about two minutes. Serve hot.