Image : © Mqdee
Despite their popularity, what do we really know about breasts? All we know is that both men and women really love them and talks about them all the time. So, today we present you with our top 13 interesting facts about breasts.
Interesting Facts about Breasts #1: Our breasts are NOT equal. So if you have been staring hard in the mirror wondering why one breast appears slightly bigger than the other, it is perfectly normal.
Interesting Facts about Breasts #2:You CANNOT increase the size of your breast naturally. This can only be achieved through cosmetic surgery or botox. But there are yoga poses like these that can give you perkier, firmer breasts. You might argue that your breast size does increase when you are lactating, but than the downside is you get saggy breasts too.
Interesting Facts about Breasts #3: In your younger days your breasts are a store house of milk glands, fats and collagen. But after a certain age, your breasts are simply fat bags. So with gravity acting strong they tend to sag.
Interesting Facts about Breasts #4: According to a study only 20 per cent of men look at your face when they meet you for the first time, the other 80 per cent are all busy ogling your breasts. The most interesting fact here is staring at a women’s breasts for 10 minutes continuously has the same result on men as half an hour of aerobic activity. So they live longer!
Interesting Facts about Breasts #5: Did you know that you could be spoiling the shape of your breasts by sleeping on your stomach. Experts suggest that sleeping sideways and also placing a pillow under your breasts while you sleep will give them additional support. Also, there is no hard and fast rule about wearing or not wearing a bra while you sleep. Just make sure that your bra is not very tight to cause discomfort.
Interesting Facts about Breasts #6: Want to know who owns the largest pair of breasts in the world, well; it is Sheyla Hershey from Texas. After nine painful surgeries, her breasts size is 38KKK.
Interesting Facts about Breasts #7: A study revealed that 50 per cent of women never bother to check themselves for breast cancer symptoms. The reason can be anything from being unaware or they maybe scared that they really might have cancer.
Interesting Facts about Breasts #8: Have you noticed lumps in your breasts? Well, let us assure you that 80 per cent of the time, these lumps are benign, but this shouldn’t stop you from visiting a gynaecologist. When you’re menstruating your breasts go through different changes like soft, tender or swell, so check for permanent changes and visit a doctor immediately to avoid breast cancer.
Interesting Facts about Breasts #9: Men have breasts too, no kidding! And these are not overweight men, but men with the condition gynecomastia, where the mammary glands are abnormally overgrown.
Interesting Facts about Breasts #10: Now good news for lactating mothers, you may actually lose weight if you continue breast feeding for upto six months.
Interesting Facts about Breasts #11: 85 per cent of women wear the wrong bra size, maybe they are too embarrassed to ask or they wish to flatter themselves with the wrong sized bra. So please grab a measuring tape and measure yourself.
Interesting Facts about Breasts #12: According to research published in the International Journal of Sexual Health 70 per cent of women are always unhappy with their breasts. Either they feel they are too small or they think its too big.
Interesting Facts about Breasts #13: Talking about sex, according to a study in 2006, 82 per cent women are turned on by the slightest manipulation of their breasts.