Fed up of eating plain oats, yoghurt and fruits for breakfast? Then, try this recipe – poha prepared with oats. This cereal is beneficial for weight loss and diabetics. Did you know you can also reduce hypertension with oats, so it is important to include oats in your daily diet.
- 1cup Oats
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Onions
- ½ tbsp Mustard seeds
- ½ cup Roasted peanuts
- ½ cup Beans (Chopped)
- ½ cup Carrots (Chopped)
- 2 Green chillies (Chopped)
- 3-4Curry leaves (Chopped)
- Salt and turmeric powder to taste
1. Soak oats in water for 5-7 minutes
2. Take a pan, add oil and mustard seeds, once the mustard seeds begin spluttering, add onions, curry leaves, peanuts, vegetables and green chillies.
3. Sauté for a few minutes, add salt and turmeric powder.
4. Mix oats with the vegetables and cook for a few minutes.
5. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot.