With our busy and hectic schedules, we have less or no time to spend for ourselves. It becomes necessary for us to indulge in some kind of refreshing activity that will keep us healthy, happy, hearty and rejuvenated. For this, people often resort to fitness centers or clubs. But the actual problem arises when these options work only for a few hours. A few hours later, you will return to your normal state – stressed and overloaded with work pressure. That’s why people look for a permanent solution to their stressed lives. Yoga, for such people, works wonders. Yoga has the power to drive away your stress and refresh you.
Practicing yoga for an hour daily helps you to relax. It rejuvenates your mind, body and soul. It also helps you to get in touch with your inner self. Yoga allows us to maintain a healthy relationship between the heart, mind and body. Yoga has many types which one can practice. The type of yoga practice totally depends on the results an individual wants to derive out of it.
Introducing Mantra Yoga:
For those who want to attain mental peace and a way out of their stressed lives, Mantra yoga is the perfect choice. It helps a person to get in touch with his inner self and detach oneself from his surroundings for some time. This practice helps you to achieve inner peace.
Mantras are the sacred words that you chant while practicing meditation or yoga. To get started with Mantra yoga, follow the step by step instructions given below:
- Sit in a comfortable place with your legs spread in front of you. Place your hands on your thighs.
- Keep your legs crossed in such a way that the sole of your left foot is placed on the inner side of the right thigh and vice versa.
- Close your eyes. Start chanting any mantra as per your preference.
- Keep chanting it slowly; inhale and exhale as you chant.
- Continue this for 5-10 minutes.
- Relax. Open your eyes.
2. Padmasana With Mantras:
This is known as the Lotus pose and is said to be the best option for practicing Mantra yoga.
- Sit erect on the floor. Keep your legs straight out in front of you.
- Now rest your left foot on your right thigh and right foot on your left thigh. Adjust your position. Try to remain steady.
- Close your eyes. Inhale and exhale deeply. Chant the mantras as many times as you can. Try to visualize the deity in front of you and focus on it.
- Feel the peace and silence inside you.
- Relax. Open your eyes and end the session.
This is popularly known as ‘the mountain pose’. One can practice this asana to improve concentration along with imbibing the spiritual aspect of chanting mantras.
- Stand on the floor. Look straight in the front direction.
- Bring your hands together; join them in prayer position (also known as Anjali mudra). This is the best pose for Mantra yoga. One can join hands in prayer position even during Padmasana or Sukhasana.
- Lift up your left leg and place the sole of the left leg against the inner side of the right thigh. Balance your body in this position.
- Close your eyes. Chant OM or any other mantra as per your choice.
- Repeat the mantra as many times as desired.
- Open your eyes; release from the pose.
Chanting mantras often helps in releasing inner tension and keeps you relaxed as well as motivated. It acts as a stress buster for your mind, body and soul. Practicing Mantra in yoga is often recommended to those suffering from depression and stress. It is also recommended to one and all.
What are you waiting for? Step out of your busy life and practice Mantra yoga for an hour every day. It is sure to help you feel relaxed, happy and rejuvenated!