Paneer tamatar paratha, is an interesting variation of the paneer paratha with the zest and tang of tomatoes. Minimum oil has been used to knead the dough and to cook the parathas, making it a weight-watchers delight.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Makes 6 parathas
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water. Set aside for 10 minutes and knead using 1/4 tsp oil until smooth.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and roll out each portion into thin rounds of 150mm (6″) diameter using a little flour for rolling.
- Cook lightly on both sides on a tawa and set aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and set aside.
- Place a chapati on a flat surface, spread 1 portion of the stuffing evenly over it and place another chapati on top and press well so that they stick.
- Heat a tava and cook the paratha on both sides using 1/2 tsp of oil until it turns crisp and golden brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining chapatis and stuffing to make 5 more parathas. Serve hot.
For More: Recipes