For those of you who don’t know yet, this week is the International Clitoris Awareness Week, which began on May 5th and will go on till May 11th. Did you know that the clitoris is the only human organ whose sole purpose is to provide pleasure? There are many such vital facts about the clitoris that have been long ignored. The International Clitoris Awareness Week dedicates these 7 days to this integral part of the female body, the clitoris.
- To locate one’s clitoris, a woman will need to use a hand mirror or just spread her legs in front of a mirror to identify the clitoris. It appears as a small pea sized ball hidden behind the inner labia of the vagina.
- The clitoris that you can see when your spread your legs is only a part of it. This is the clitoral hood. The rest of the clitoris is hidden behind the hood and measures about four inches.
- Even though the clitoris keeps growing in size, it never really ages once it reaches maturity. It remains at its sexual peak for the rest of a woman’s life.
- The clitoris can get a hard-on too. This is why it appears puffy when aroused. Once you climax or calm down, the clitoris will resume its normal size.
- A woman’s clitoris has over 8,000 sensory nerve endings which is almost double in number than the nerve endings on the head of a man’s penis.
- In most cases, clitoral stimulation can result in an assured orgasm.