The 3 key steps in any beauty and skin care routine are cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize.
Most of us are guilty of knowing it but not putting it into practice. These 3 simple steps are a must for good looking and healthy clear skin. Many of you may wonder about the actual importance of this step and what it can or cannot do for the skin.
Skin Care Routine:
Cleansing is a must in your skin care routine
- Regular cleansing will help to remove dirt from your skin.
- Each time you wash your face, the dirt from the top layer of the skin is removed but the dirt which settles in the inner layers is still present. This blocks the skin and does not allow it to breathe. Cleansing will clean out all impurities to help reveal clear looking skin.
Exfoliation of the skin is a must.
- It helps to get rid of dead skin cells. This is very important as it helps eliminate dry patches and gives you glowing skin.
- For those who have dry or sensitive skin, try using a gentle exfoliating scrub that will be mild on the skin.
The last step to follow in your must-do skin care routine is to moisturize the skin.
- This helps you to add back all the nourishment or moisture to your skin that is lost on a daily basis.
- It helps keep the skin looking healthy and glowing.
- Dry skin is the first to show signs of ageing, hence proper moisturisation will also hold back ageing.
- Those with oily skin should also follow this step. Find out a moisturizer that is suitable for your skin type and is light.
Most of us are aware about the first and last steps that is cleansing and moisturizing. However, exfoliation is still not followed religiously by most.
What do you mean by exfoliation
The term “Exfoliation” means to get rid of the dead cells from the skin.
How this helps
Doing this thrice a week helps to get rid of dry skin and makes it glowing.
How to exfoliate the skin on your face
You need to be careful, especially with the sensitive skin on your face.Otherwise you may end up damaging your skin.
- Take a damp cloth and soak it in warm water
- Now put this towel on your face to help open up your pores.
- This will help to exfoliate your skin better
- Wash your face with your regular face wash to clean it properly.
- Pat your skin dry.
- Take an exfoliator which is best suited for your skin type
- Now apply it all over your face.
- Start by slowly massaging the exfoliator (scrub) in circular motions on your skin.
- Repeat this all over your face for a few times
- Make sure that you cover every inch of your face and neck while massaging.
- Wash your face with water and pat it dry
- That is all – you are done
- As a follow up, moisturize your skin to nourish it
This will make your skin smooth and clear.
How to exfoliate skin on your body?
As much as exfoliation is important for the face, so it is for the body too!
- Always remember to wet your body before exfoliation.
- Wet your body with lukewarm water
- Take the exfoliant onto a brush.
- If you don’t have a brush you can always apply it with your hands
- Start massaging on your skin in a circular motion
- Rinse off the scrub with cold water
- Apply a moisturizer when done
These simple steps will ensure your skin is healthy and soft. It just takes a few minutes each day, so give your skin that time and see the difference.