Do you wish to awaken and unravel your latent energies to experience better health and well-being? Did you know that awakening your chakras can provide you with great health and happiness?
Chakra, when translated to English, means ‘wheel of energy’. There are mainly six chakras that are responsible for the transformation of your consciousness. These, when cleared, provide ultimate physical and mental health. A deep sensation is felt in the body when a chakra is awakened. These chakras are usually blocked by our own thoughts. There can be various causes for the blockage of these chakras, like a childhood trauma, abuse, emotional injuries, lack of attention and confusions in life. It could also be some mistakes that haven’t been forgiven and so on. All these situations cause a chakra to shut down.
There are many ways for awakening the chakras. Before that, you need to know about ‘re-birthing breath work’. A re-birthing breath is a rapid and shallow breath in which you inhale very strongly but exhale in a very relaxed way. Remember to take 3 directed breaths after every session of re-birthing breathings. The best way to take directed breaths is to close your eyes, inhale air and while exhaling it, visualize that the air is passing through the location of that chakra.
How to Awaken your Chakras – Learn the Ways!
1. Root Chakra:
If the root chakra is out of alignment, you will feel fearful, overly attached to materialistic things and feel insecure. You may feel that you are disconnected from life. To awaken this chakra, you need to:
- Stand with your feet as wide apart as you can comfortably place them.
- Rotate your hips from right (forward) to left (back) 49 times.
- Take slower re-birthing breaths with each rotation.
- When done, take 3 directed breaths.
- Now repeat the same in an opposite direction followed by 3 directed breaths.
Location: The base of the spine
2 & 3. Navel Center Chakra:
If the navel center chakra is out of alignment, you may feel a loss of power and vitality. To awaken this chakra, you will have to:
- Take 49 re-birthing breaths.
- With every inhalation, you shall have to pull in your belly sharply.
Location: The stomach and navel center
4. Heart Chakra:
When the heart chakra is out of alignment, you may feel beaten by life and may come across various pride and ego issues within yourself. To awaken it:
- Stretch your arms outside and in front of the line of your shoulders.
- Now take 49 re-birthing breaths.
- With each breath, move your arms (while keeping them straight) so that the fingertips trace a big circle.
- Try to move them up and down in front as you attempt a circle.
- When done, bring your hands down and take 3 directed breaths.
- Now repeat the process in the opposite direction.
Location: The heart and lung area
5. Throat Chakra:
When the throat chakra is out of alignment, you feel that your ability to communicate is compromised. To awaken this chakra:
- Do 7 head rolls
- Start with dropping your head forward, roll it to the left, then to the back and right, and then again forward
- Do 7 rebirthing breaths after each roll.
- In total, you need to take 49 breaths.
Location: Throat area and neck
6. Third Eye:
This chakra strengthens your intuitive powers. Your thinking and sense of picking up signals is affected when your mind is unclear and foggy. For this:
- Take 49 rebirthing breaths.
- With each inhalation, open your eyes as wide as possible while raising your eyebrows quickly.
- Now close your eyes and take 3 directed breaths.
Location: Just above the eyebrows, at the center of your forehead
7. Crown Chakra:
When the crown chakra is out of alignment, you may feel depressed, disconnected and restless as if something is missing or lost.
- Take 7 directed breaths while raising your arms with each inhalation.
- Try to feel the energy rising from root to crown.
Location: At the top of the head
It is very easy to identify which of your chakras is out of alignment. Once you know, try awakening your chakras in order to return to normal and healthy living. Hope you find this information useful. Do share your views in the comments section below.