• 750 grams raw beetroot, peeled and sliced
• 2 large onion, peeled and chopped
• Finely grated rind and juice of 5 oranges
• 2 bay leaves
• 2 liters stock
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 200 ml plain low-fat yoghurt
• 2 orange, slice, to garnish
1. Put the beetroot in the pan with the onion, orange rind and juice, bay leaf, stock, and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour until the beetroot is tender.
3. Work the soup to puree through a sieve, or in an electric blender. Return to the rinsed-out pan, and then bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
4. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Stir in the yoghurt and serve hot or chilled.
5. Garnish it with orange slices.
Related Article: 20 Ways to Add Beetroot to Your Diet