A combination of protein and fibre rich soya granules and green peas along with vegetables makes this recipe a healthy snack on every weight watchers menu!
- 1/4 cup soya granules
- 1/4 cup boiled green peas
- 4 whole wheat bread slices
- 1/4 cup boiled potato cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped and blanched spinach (palak)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1/2 tsp chopped green chillies
- 1/2 tsp ginger (adrak) paste
- 1/4 tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
- of turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- 1 3/4 oil for greasing and cooking
- Green chutney
- Blend the bread slices in a mixer to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
- Soak the soya granules in 1 cup of water for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 9 equal portions and shape them into 50 mm. (2″) flat round cutlet.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Arrange 3 cutlets and cook on a medium flame using ½ tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat step 5 to make 6 more cutlets.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
*Recipe & Image Courtesy: Soya and Green Peas Cutlet,