It is important to begin your day with a non-oily nutritious breakfast, such as oats. Besides, it is quick and easy to prepare. Here are some of the benefits of eating a healthy nutritious breakfast made from oats.
-Oats contain soluble fibre called beta glucan, which is known to help reduce cholesterol by blocking the re-absorption of cholesterol when it passes through the digestive system. So, eating oats regularly lowers cholesterol levels in the body.
-Oats contains low levels of sodium. This reduces the risk of contracting high blood pressure and hypertension.
– The soluble fibre present in oats tends to slow down the digestion of carbohydrates, thereby reducing spikes in blood sugar levels, which in turn do not lead to unwanted urges to eat.
– Eating oats leaves one much fuller, therefore you tend to eat less. This is especially good for those trying to lose weight.
– Oats contains very little amount of fat and and so are low in calories. This makes them good for overall health.
– Being a good source of natural dietary fibre, oats are beneficial for curing constipation.
– Oats are also known to contain compounds called phytochemicals that can reduce one’s risk of cancer.