Ever looked at yourself in the mirror and thought, “If only I could gain a little weight”? What if you could gain that little weight to reach your healthy weight without disturbing your lifestyle and routine? Many people believe that the right kind of carbohydrates included in one’s daily food intake can help a scrawny person gain weight. The ideal diet plan should be devised in consultation with a dietician, food nutritionist or a professional doctor. It is not a good idea to take the health plunge on one’s own whims and fancies as this could have an adverse effect on one’s health.
Carbohydrates Weight Gain – How Can Carbohydrates Help In Weight Gain?
While there is a gourmet of food options available to help a person gain weight, carbohydrates are a safe bet as they are not instantly converted to fat and stored in the body. The body uses them instantly to generate energy. Here are a few food options in carbohydrates for weight gain that can help a person gain weight in a healthy manner.
- Eat a lot of high glycemic carbohydrate-rich foods like white bread, white sugar, white potatoes and the common rice
- Eat a lot of carbohydrate-rich foods after exercise to avoid the body from breaking down the existing fat or proteins. In order to gain weight, eat more carbohydrates after your workout or an hour later at the most.
- If you are somewhat of a lean eater, make sure you eat good and proper meals, and increase the intake may be from one Indian roti to two.
- Some of the examples of foods rich in carbohydrates are a part of our daily life. The success to weight gain through consumption of carbohydrates is not with increasing just the food portion, but also understanding when to eat those carbohydrates and how.
- May be next time you are out looking for foods to eat, time it post your gym workout session and eat those sugar loaded pancakes with syrup, doughnuts, cakes, cookies, and ice cream.
Be Smart With Your Choices:
Be aware, and don’t go about making your own diet plans. They could have an adverse effect if you fail to achieve a balance in all your dietary requirements and push a few others a little too much. No matter what you eat, it is important to strike a balance and not go overboard with your eating habits. The slight alterations you make to gain weight should not become a way of life in such a manner that you gain more weight than required. Strike a balance and devise a way to maintain your weight once you reach your ideal weight.
Balance It Out:
Be cautious and monitor your intake. Consult a good doctor or a dietician to guide you through the process of carbohydrates and weight gain. One wrong mistake about food can cause a lot of problems and health issues later on. You should be sure not to deprive your body of all the other nutrients, vitamins and nourishment it needs in your zeal for weight gain. Striking a balance is crucial and important for good health, lifelong.
If you are unable to gain weight, don’t fret about it. Sometimes, with time and age, people put on weight and if you don’t, count yourself lucky since many would love to exchange places with you. If you are way too thin and need to gain weight, you should definitely see your doctor to ensure there are no underlying major problems as the causes of your being so skinny.