Image : © Mqdee
Apple Recipes: Apple Rabdi Recipe
1. 3 medium sized sweet apples, grated with the skin on
2. 4 cups whole milk
3. Few strands of saffron dissolved in 1/4 cup of milk
4. 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
5. A pinch of cinnamon powder
6. 1/4 cups mix nuts (pistas, cashews and almonds )
7. 1/4 cup sugar + 2 tsp sugar free
8. 2 tbsp corn flour dissolved in 1 cup of milk
9. 1/2 cup raisins
1. In a milk pan, boil milk. Keep stirring until it reduces to half its quantity. Add 2 tbsp sugar and keep stirring util it dissolves.
2. Meanwhile, boil 1 cup of water in a saucepan. Add grated apples, sugar and cardamom powder. Keep stirring on a low flame until the water evaporates and the sugar melts completely. Don’t make it too dry. Keep it aside.
3. Now, combine this apple mixture with the thickened milk and mix well. Keep the flame low while doing this. Add raisins and saffron strands and keep stirring.
5. Pour in the cornflour, and milk mixture along with the cinnamon and keep stirring on a low flame until everything comes together in a thick paste. Turn off the flame and set aside the rabdi at room temperature to cool off.
5. Chill the rabdi in the fridge for 2-3 hours before serving. It will get thicker after cooling.
6. Garnish with chopped nuts and sliced apples.
READ MORE: HEALTHY RECIPES