Staying fit and fabulous is everyone’s passion these days. And why shouldn’t it be? Having a good body can be a great asset. Not only does it make you feel confident but also boosts your self esteem.
Most women have complained about not having enough time to exercise. Well, we completely empathize with you. Given the insane work pressure that most of us have to face every day, it becomes impossible for so many to hit the gym or even go for a jog outside. But now what? You won’t exercise ever again? Of course not! Let me tell you something encouraging! Ever heard of the phrase “where there is a will, there is a way”? That is exactly what I’m talking about.
If you really want to shed the pounds and fit into your oldest pair of jeans, then use something as simple and inexpensive as jump ropes. They don’t take up too much time and give you the best workout of your life. According to experts, 10 minutes of jump rope can burn up to 130 calories or more. So imagine! If you give yourself a 20 minute workout using this simple equipment, you are going to melt fat and boost your metabolism like never before. In other words, you are going to transform your entire body!
Required Equipment/ Materials:
Before you start working out, get hold of the following materials:
- If you haven’t tried jump ropes before, I would suggest you to get hold of the breaded ones. This is because they are tighter and easier to handle. The usual vinyl rope is never good enough for novices.
- The second thing you will need is a good pair of sneakers. Don’t jump off the ground bear foot. You could be prone to injury!
- Wear proper workout clothes. Make sure the T shirt is long. Keep a bottle of water beside. You need to hydrate yourself whenever you near exhaustion.
How Should You Jump?
When you workout, keep a few things in mind.
- Jump two inches off the ground.
- When you turn the rope, make sure your elbows are side to side.
- If you feel like you are going to tire out before the workout is over, you can drop the rope and keep your arms and legs going. However, try to use the rope throughout.
Basic Jump Rope Routine:
There are a couple of jump rope exercises you need to do in order to make use of the entire workout! You can use the ones listed here and combine them with some of your own. I promise that the pounds will melt away before you know it:
1. Jumping Rope for 60 seconds: This is all about jumping, skipping and kicking the air. Your body will continue to hop for a whole minute without stopping. Coordination is required as well. It could take you some time to get used to it. However, don’t lose hope. Keep going!
2. Lunges: Drop the rope and start performing lunges. Alternate each leg and make sure you repeat this exercise 10 times on each side.
3. Single Foot Jump Rope: A round of single foot hopping is going to challenge your workout and help you burn extra calories. Use 15 hops for each foot and keep alternating. Do this as many times you like.
4. Crunches: Crunches are great for your obliques, stomach, abdominals and quads. Do 2 sets of them with as many reps as you please.
5. Jump Rope for 60 seconds once again.
6. Repeat the routine thrice.
A jumping rope—something we used for the pure joy of it as children! But today the humble jumping rope can help you lose weight! Try it to believe it!
Do you jump ropes? Do you have a special technique or tips? Share with us.