If you were to ask any lady about that one thing in common which all women share, the answer would be easy to come by – Makeup! Isn’t it? And if your next question was to be ‘Do you have any skin problems?’ chances are most ladies would reply in the affirmative.
While makeup is surely a woman’s prerogative, having beautiful skin is something we all aim for. And the good news is that you don’t always need makeup to look beautiful. Find it hard to believe? Well, here I’m going to give you 8 simple tips on how to look beautiful without makeup.
How To Look Beautiful Without Makeup
1. Drink water:
Definitely the first and most important trick is to drink plenty of water each day, no matter what the season, since this glass of water will be way more beneficial to you than any makeup product you may choose to invest in.
Love your moisturizer, ladies. The more you keep your skin moisturized and nourished, the more you can prevent the arrival of wrinkles and dry saggy skin. Make sure you moisturize your face and neck region, as well as your hands and feet, as these are the areas that show the first signs of ageing.
3. Use a face wash:
Use a face wash daily to remove all dirt and pollution from your face and any traces of leftover makeup products as well. Washing your face daily, preferably once in the morning and once before going to bed, will help open up your pores and give your skin that fresh feeling.
4. Use a toner:
Using a toner should be an essential part of your daily skin care regimen. While most of us go for the cleaning and moisturizing routine, we almost always end up being too lazy or forgetful about the toner and that’s where the problem lies. A toner will help tighten your skin and your pores and also remove any traces of oil or grease.
5. Shampooing your hair:
Using a shampoo every alternate day or once in about 3 days will make sure that your hair looks fresh and clean. Greasy hair will automatically give you an overall dirty and unkempt look; while freshly cleaned hair makes a huge difference.
6. Applying sunscreen:
While we all know the benefits of using a sunscreen daily, most of us do tend to give it a miss, especially if we’re in a hurry and there’s not too much sun out there. This definitely is a skin-care and beauty disaster, as the ever-present harmful rays of the sun will continue causing damage to your skin. If you want to keep your skin looking naturally beautiful and healthy, you have to use the sunscreen daily; there’s just no other option.
7. Hot water with lemon:
We all love that first cup in the morning, right? Now try switching that cup of tea or coffee with a hot/warm cup of water and a slice of lemon. Having this first thing in the morning will flush out toxins from your body and will reduce chances of any skin sensitivities. This will also help keep your body stay hydrated and add that bit of glow to your skin.
And here are a few additional tips on how to look good without makeup that will make sure you look well-groomed and beautiful:
- Regularly get yourself a hair trim to ensure your hair doesn’t have split or dry ends
- Don’t pick at pimples, spots or any other skin eruptions that you may have on your skin as touching them will only leave back spots and scars
- Do not rub your eyes excessively as the same can lead to infections and redness
- Stop chewing on your nails. Keep them well-trimmed. If you want them long, make sure they are well-maintained. If you polish your nails, make sure there’s no chipped nail paint.
- Avoid drinking excess coffee or tea
- Sleep well – at least 6-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep will work wonders for your skin
- Do not pluck your eyebrows excessively; instead, opt for tweezers and remove those unwanted hairs
- Brush twice a day, not more. Brushing after each meal will rob your teeth of essential enamel. Instead, brush once in the morning and once at night before bed.
- Maintain a good posture
- Remove blackheads, either by scrubbing at home or visiting a beautician
- Bunk the junk food and eat healthy
- Include fresh fruits, vegetables and milk or milk products in your daily diet
- Go easy on the alcohol – it will help reduce any puffiness or belly fat
- Go for well-fitted clothes and avoid following fashion trends that does not suit you. Understand your own style and get comfortable in your own skin.
Follow these simple tips and beautiful skin will be yours to have!