So, you think that going through a workout program essentially means attending a gym regularly or investing in a whole lot of costly equipment? Well, let me tell you the truth. You can actually have one of the most challenging as well as effective full-body workout experience by using a ‘sandbag’! Surprised? Here is all that you need to know about the sandbag workouts for women.
What Is A ‘Sandbag’?
A sandbag is nothing but a bag filled with sand. Yes, it is the one and only ‘equipment’ you need to undergo this exclusive physical training. There is a wide range of sandbags available in different sizes and volumes. To start with, go for a 20 lb sandbag. However, you can always increase the amount of sand in your bag as you get stronger. As these bags break from time to time, you need to put them inside a duffle bag to use for a longer time. If you purchase a sandbag system from an online store, ensure that you choose some heavy-duty nylon bags that do not come with handles.
Fundamentals Of Sandbag Workout For Women:
The concept of sandbag workout is not at all new. This low-cost yet versatile tool has long been an indispensable part of military and athlete training. As far as the basic rules of sandbag workout are concerned, they are similar to several other workout programs. We have rounded up the key rules of sandbag training below:
- It is an ‘intelligently-progressive’ training, which offers incredible chances for progression outside the regular ‘numerical increases’. This can be achieved by adding extra weight to the existing exercises.
- It involves ‘multi-joint movements’, which is absolutely perfect for the human body. The more the exercises are based on compound movements, the stronger becomes the coordination of our muscles and joints.
- It includes varied repetitions, which depends upon the fitness level and requirements of the trainee. In short, it does not put emphasis on high repetitions.
- It also includes ‘rest intervals’, which are tailored to meet the fitness needs of the trainee.
- The entire workout program must be highly focused.
8 Benefits Of Sandbag Workout For Women:
The sandbag workout comes with numerous benefits that you will simply love to know and enjoy. Check out some of the advantages of sandbag training here:
- Exercising with sandbag can make your core stronger like never before. Being a ‘non-cooperative’ resistance, this bag cannot be lifted up by using just one or two muscles. Rather, you need to use as many muscles as possible including the core ones to elevate the load and stabilize the body simultaneously.
- While practicing with sandbag, you need to go through a wide range of movements. It is extremely beneficial for athletes as they gain amazing sport-specific strength through this.
- The training helps to increase your grip strength significantly.
- It becomes much easier for you to lift anything cumbersome during your normal activities as you become familiar with lifting those odd-shaped bags with continually changing center of mass.
- The balance of your body is improved to a great extent when you incorporate sandbag in your workout routine.
- The number of exercises you can perform with the help of a sandbag is much higher than any other similar fitness training programs.
- You do not need to spend lots of time in exercising. Just 20 minutes a day will be enough to get the desired results.
- The sandbag workout does not burn a hole in your pocket.
Ways To Make The Most Of Sandbag Training:
Now, let us take a look at how to make the most of the sandbag workout. Here is what you can actually do with your sandbag to attain your desired fitness:
- First of all, make use of your sandbag to practice some of the most basic yet effective exercises, such as pulls, squats, lunges, cleans, deadlifts, throws, presses, carries and drags, etc.
- Sandbag can turn out to be the best substitute to your regular free weight. So, next time you go for a strength session, just pick it up.
- Take a heavy sandbag and practice at least 20 ‘ground-to-overhead’ exercises. It is one of the most challenging exercises you can ever perform.
Working out has become a necessity today to deal with the sedentary lifestyle. The sandbag workout is designed, particularly for today’s women to give their body that much needed exercise to keep it fit. Start today!
Is this information enough to inspire you to start your sandbag workout today? Do let us know in the comments section.