Herbal teas are a rage today! Anybody who knows even a little about being healthy makes it a point to include these amazing teas in their daily routine. And there are so many varieties of herbal teas that you’ll surely be spoilt for choice!
Yerba Mate Tea is a form of herbal tea, which grows naturally in South America. The taste of this tea is like that of green tea with a slight flavor of oak and tobacco in it. Like all other herbal teas, this one too has a plethora of benefits.
How To Make Yerba Mate Tea:
But before we introduce you to the many benefits of Yerba Mate Tea, let’s learn how to brew that perfect cup of herbal tea!mqdee.blogspot.com
But if you want to instantly brew a cup of Yerba Mate tea, you need not to follow the below steps:
- You can use the coffee pot or French Press for making this tea.
- Or, you could also buy this tea in loose packages and add small quantities of this tea to cool water and keep them in hot water for a few, and then add honey or lemon to it as per your taste.
- Another way of having this tea would be in the form of ice tea. The perfect beverage during a sweltering hot day! You can add lime juice, pineapple, or even coconut milk to get the ultimate refreshment!
- You can also use the Espresso machine to brew a cup of yerba mate tea.
Benefits Of Yerba Mate Tea:
Yerba Mate tea has a lot to offer when it comes to our health. In fact, the yerba mate plant is considered medicinal. Here are some of the many benefits of yerba mate tea:
1. Acts As A Stimulant:
Drinking yerba mate tea offers relief from physical and mental fatigue as it acts as a stimulant.
2. Provides Relief From Heart Ailments:
People suffering from heart related problems and lower blood pressure can also get relief by drinking this tea.
3. Works As An Anti-Depressant:
If you are feeling low and depressed, you can have this tea to alleviate your mood.
4. Relieves Constipation:
Another important benefit is when you are constipated and don’t know what to do. Just have this tea to get relief.
5. Good For Menopausal Women:
Women who are in the threshold of post menopause often suffer from osteoporosis. Yerba mate tea is a great way to prevent the onset of this debilitating disease.
6. Other Benefits:
This tea will also give you relief from various joint pains, headaches, urinary infections, kidney stones, weight loss, etc.
But, Yerba mate also contains some side effects. So, before you rush out to buy some of this amazing tea, take a look at what all can go wrong with this tea!
Side Effects Of Yerba Mate Tea:
Yerba mate contains caffeine and can cause some side effects. Some of the side effects are discussed below:
1. Some people might experience insomnia.
2. It can also cause stomach upset, vomiting or nausea, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and glaucoma.
3. It could also lead to nervousness and some form of restlessness, anxiety and bleeding disorders.
4. Drinking excessive amounts of yerba mate tea can also cause high blood pressure and headaches.
5. Prolonged consumption of this tea can even cause cancer.
6. It is not safe for children, pregnant women, and nursing mothers.
7. Also, diabetic patients need to take care while consuming this tea.
To really make use of the medicinal benefits of yerba mate tea, it is better to stick to drinking 2-3 cups of it a day. Anything more than that can cause trouble.
If you experience any side effects, consult your doctor! Better safe than sorry!
Do you enjoy drinking herbal tea? Which one is your favorite? Share your views with us in the comments section below.