Yoga is considered to be one of the best exercises for people of all ages. Starting from the beautiful skin to weight loss to treating a myriad of health issues—yoga offers it all! Yoga, at its purest form, can not only heal the body, but also the mind and soul, letting you enjoy life to its fullest. Pure yoga, without the frills of modernity, is the best way to enjoy the benefits of this exercise form. In case you aren’t sure about what yoga really is and what it can really do for your body, you may consider this article as your ultimate guide. Not only does this list the benefits, but also tells you about the best poses that you can practice on a regular basis.
Basic Yoga Poses To Do At Home:
Read on to know more about various types of pure yoga poses:
1. Mountain Pose/Tadasana:
The Mountain Pose is a simple and one of the basic asanas that corrects your posture. Plus, it tones and strengthens your abdomen, arms, knees, ankles, and thighs.
- Stand on the mat, feet together and spine erect.
- Keep your hands along your side, palms facing the thighs.
- Inhaling deeply, lift your hands atop your head, allowing your palms to join akin to Namaskar mudra.
- Stretch to the maximum possible extent.
- Tilt your head backward and look upward to fix the gaze at the fingertips.
- Hold the pose till you complete 5 rounds of Ujjayi Pranayama.
- Exhaling in a slow way, relax and slowly come back to the initial position.
2. Garland Pose/Malasana:
Malasana, or Garland Pose, can also be called a deep squat. It helps in strengthening the legs and affects all the muscles in legs. It also tightens and strengthens the glutes.
- Start in Tadasana with your feet as close as possible.
- Now squat deeply to the floor. Squat as deep as you can. Keep your heels pressed into the floor.
- Split your thigh wide in such a way that your knees are touching the sides of your torso.
- Fold your hands together in Anjali mudra and press your elbows together between your split knees.
- Hold the pose for 30 seconds and then return to Tadasana.
This is a beginner pose, but people who can’t squat deep with their heels pressed into the ground can put a folded mat under their heels. If you do the full squat, do as deep as you can and then try pushing deeper.
3. Plank Pose:
- The first thing you need to do is come to a plank position. This is pretty simple to do. Come to your knees and keep your hands in front of you. Your fingers should be straight. Keep your hands and elbows straight.
- Now it’s time for you to lengthen your spine. Make sure the energy in your body spreads from head to the tailbone. Extend your body till you feel that stretch.
- Now lean a little forward and allow your weight to rest on your hands.
- Keep your legs behind you and extend them. Don’t separate them. Instead, allow the energy to spread through the heels. Allow some of your weight to be on the balls of your feet.
- Imagine that you are pulling your sit bones at the same time. Take a couple of deep breaths.
- Now as you breathe, let it expand into your ribs as well as the abs.
- Keep yourself in that position for about 5 breaths.
- Give yourself a break and repeat.
- If you are a beginner, 5 times should be enough.
4. Staff Pose:
This is a great pose that corrects your posture and gives your body a good stretch. It also eases tension, both physical and mental. It also stretches, strengthens, and tones your back and spine.
- Sit on the mat with back supported on the wall, legs stretched out to the front.
- Holding your thigh muscles firmly, flex your feet.
- Keep your back and neck erect, while palms rest on the mat.
- Stack up your shoulders atop hips.
- Gently lift the heels off the floor, making a 30 degrees angle.
- Hold the pose for 15 counts and relax to come back to starting pose.
Benefits Of Pure Yoga:
Here are listed the benefits of practicing pure yoga:
1. Reduces Stress:
Yoga is all about meditation and connecting your body with the inner self. Most of the surveys and researches claim that yoga is something that will help reduce both anxiety and stress. It is one of the best ways in which you could brighten up your mood, feel active and enjoy the beauty of life to its fullest.
2. Improves Flexibility:
There are so many poses offered by yoga, which will strengthen your body and improve your flexibility. Not only you will be able to balance yourself well, but also will perform better in daily activities. Your overall fitness level will improve and you will have much more endurance.
3. Keeps Your Heart Healthy:
Yoga is one practice that will keep your heart healthy. You will be free from diseases, such as strokes and heart attacks. In fact, if you speak to your doctor, he will definitely tell you to try yoga. Most of the poses are easy to do and will definitely help you see changes in your lifestyle.
Ancient wisdom—that’s what pure yoga encompasses. Make yoga a part of your daily workout regime and live a healthier and meaningful life!
Was this article helpful? Share your feedback with us in the comments section below