While most of us are frantically looking for a panacea to reduce weight, there are a few people who are looking to gain some. There are some foods that can help the body gain a few pounds. Honey is one such miracle food!
How Does Honey Help In Weight Gain?
Honey has some properties, which makes it a natural choice for weight gain. Read on to know how honey helps to gain weight:
- One tablespoon of honey contains 17.3 grams of carbohydrates, which is at par with the performance enhancement gels that athletes use during long runs. Honey also costs much less than these gels.
- Complex carbohydrates take a long time to break down in the body. However, honey contains simple sugars, which breaks down almost immediately and of course all of this energy is not used up in such a short time. So, some of it is naturally stored up as fat.
- Recent studies have shown that honey is a great performance enhancer. It maintains sugar level and helps repair muscle damage that can occur during heavy sports like weightlifting. It also restores glycogen after a workout.
- The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition claims that it is important to keep the carbohydrate levels up during workouts, or else there will be a loss in muscle mass. Honey is a good source of simple carbohydrates that replenish your body’s energy levels quickly and prevents muscle loss.
Honey Recipes For Weight Gain:
Honey is an effective ingredient for weight gain. But eating spoonfuls of honey can become tiring to your taste buds because of honey’s intense sweet flavor. So, to incorporate it in your diet, it is best to eat fat and protein rich recipes featuring honey. Here are some recipes that include lots of honey that will help you gain weight.
Smoothies are incredibly tasty and can be downed in a gulp. So, instant eating and instant energy—perfect for you when you are at the gym. Just take a chilled bottle of the smoothie in your backpack and you will never be low on energy.
- Honey Strawberry Avocado Smoothie: The creamy avocado with the slightly tart strawberry and a generous amount of honey can make a great blend, taste and nutrition wise. It contains sugars from honey and strawberry and calories from avocado, which help in weight gain.
- Peanut Butter And Banana Smoothie With Honey: Blitz together banana and peanut butter and add a good dash of honey to sweeten the mix. Using organic peanut butter makes sure you get loads of protein while banana and honey add lots of sugar to the smoothie to make a perfect weight gain recipe.
- Chocolate Banana Honey Smoothie: Melt dark chocolate and blend it together with bananas and lots of honey. Dark chocolate is full of antioxidants, and banana and honey make the smoothie a sweet weight gain drink.
Breakfast is the first meal of the day and you can start the day by adding lots of proteins and calories in it.
- Oatmeal: Oats contain 400kCal per 100 grams. You can either mix with whole milk and organic peanut butter or eat dry with nuts like almonds, cashews, walnuts, etc. Dry fruits like dates, raisins, apricots or normal fruits like apples, pineapples, pears also make a good complement. You can also mix oats with cottage cheese or yoghurt. Add honey to all these variants of the recipe and you will get an amazing weight gainer.
- Whole milk: One liter of whole milk contains 600kCal, so it is great for weight gain. A dollop of honey makes it more calorie-enriched.
Most people know little about the many health benefits of honey. Now that you know how honey can help you gain weight, be sure to bring home a few bottles of this sweet nectar while you are at your next shopping spree.
Remember, too much of anything can turn bad. Do eat honey, but in moderation, do not over do it! A spoonful of honey is all you need to look and feel beautiful and confident!
Is honey a part of your daily diet? How do you consume it? Share your tips with us in the comments section below.