I wish I could fit into a Bikini in 1 week!!!
Don’t we all? Unfortunately, when it comes to weight loss, most of us fail to follow a diet.
Wouldn’t it be better if those extra pounds would vanish within a week in a healthy way and you stay fit? Yes!!
Diet Plan to Lose Weight in a Week
Here are 25 simple pointers on a weekly diet plan to lose weight:
1. Cut down calories:
Cut the calories that you consume everyday by half or ¾. This is really essential to lose weight in a week.
2. Drink plenty of water:
Water plays a vital role in weight loss. Drinking water keeps your tummy full all the time. Essentially drink about 4 to 5 litres of water every day. This is the most essential among all tips to lose weight in a week.
3. Never skip a meal:
Skipping a meal won’t reduce weight! When you skip a meal, you will continue to stay hungry, in turn making your next meal bigger than required.
4. Exercise daily:
Staying fit never happened in front of the TV on the couch! Get up and start working out. Exercising burns more calories. In order to reduce weight faster try to work out twice a day. You needn’t hit the gym for this. Try out some home videos or yoga or whatever catches your fancy!
5. Avoid carbonated drinks:
It’s a definite NO! Carbonated drinks such as sodas have been proven to increase weight.
6. Add fruits and vegetables to your diet:
Replace fried food and snacks with fresh fruits and vegetables. They are high in fiber and water content. Not to forget fruits are rich in nutrients needed for our body.
7. Reduce your food intake per meal:
Ever have the feeling your tummy will burst up after a meal? Never eat till your stomach is full, stop before you burp out loud.
8. More Fiber and Fewer Carbohydrates:
Let your meal be dominated by fiber rather than Carbohydrates. Fiber boosts the digestion process and also cleanses out the toxins from your body which is an essential answer to how to lose weight in one week.
9. Add fresh vegetable soup to your diet:
Research shows that adding fresh soups to your diet reduces the calorie intake and in turn aids in reducing weight.
10. Count the calories consumed:
Always keep a count of how much calories you consume in a day. A good way would be to maintain a diary of what you eat.
11. Proper sound sleep:
A good night’s sleep can do much more than what we would realize. You should get 8 hours of sleep every day. Proper sleep helps in proper metabolism and a good metabolism will help you lose weight.
12. Add protein rich food to your diet:
Protein rich foods are muscle builders. Fat is easily turned into muscle by our body when we work out. So, add a good dosage of Protein rich foods in your daily diet.
13. 3 heavy meals or 5 to 6 small meals?
Never eat 3 heavy meals but consume 5 to 6 small portions in a day. Remember the amount of food you consume each time must contain fewer calories.
14. Avoid snacking:
Food cravings and hunger pangs are your enemy in losing weight. Most people cannot resist food craving and give in to junk food. If you really want to lose those pounds, stay away from Snacking!
15. Eat after your work out:
Plan your meal after your work out. If you exercise every morning then have your breakfast after your work out.
16. Reduce your plate size:
Bigger the plate, bigger is your calorie consumption. Use smaller sized plate to consume less amount of food. And don’t fill your plate!
17. Avoid oily foods:
Oily foods are high in calories, restrict oily foods.
18. Avoid potato consumption:
Weight loss programs and diets don’t go along good with Potatoes. Never consume potatoes when on a diet. Potatoes are rich in carbohydrates and calories.
19. Avoid butter, ghee or cheese:
These are rich in fat. Do not add them to your diet if you want to see quick weight loss. You can however add yogurt to your diet as it is rich in proteins.
20. Choose whole fruits than fruit juices:
Whole fruits will have more nutrients and fiber than its juice form. Making juice from a fruit kills the best in a fruit leaving only sugar water for your consumption.
21. Drink water before your meal:
Drinking 2 glasses of water before your meal will fill up some space in your tummy. This can help you reduce your food intake.
22. Monitor your weight once every 2 days:
Get a good weighing scale and check your weight regularly once in 2 days. This will help you keep a good tab on your weight loss and warn you if it’s going up than down. It would be better to measures your BMI and BMR regularly.
23. Do not deviate from the diet plan:
If you have a diet plan then stick to it for better results.
- Calories play a vital role in weight reduction. As soon as your body stores 7000 calories you will gain 1 kg. At the same time when your body burns 7000 calories per week you would lose 1 kg. As a goal burn more calories to reduce weight quicker.
- Some fruits and vegetables such as tomatoes, raw cauliflower, cucumber, grapefruit, orange, celery, apricot, carrot, strawberries, apples, watermelon, etc can burn your calories quicker. Add these to your diet for better results.
Here is a diet plan for two different calorie levels. If you are below 85 kgs follow the 1200 calorie diet else follow the 1800 calorie diet:
24. Calendar 1 (1200 calories)
|Day 1||250 ml skimmed milk+ 2 slices of whole wheat bread||One medium orange||1 medium cup wheat rice with yogurt +1 cup cauliflower||1 medium carrot||Half cup wheat rice +Self prepared vegetable salad|
|Day 2||250 ml skimmed milk+1 slice of whole wheat bread||One medium apple||“||1 cup cucumber||“|
|Day 3||250 ml skimmed milk with small cup cereal||A cup of veg salad||½ cup wheat rice +veg salad||1 apricot(or)A cup of water melon||1 cup veg soup +Fresh salad|
|Day 4||250 ml skimmed milk with small cup cereal||1 small banana||“||“||“|
|Day 5||250 ml skimmed milk with small cup cereal||2 raw tomatoes||“||“||“|
|Day 6||250 ml skimmed milk blended with 2 spoon of oat meal||A cup veg salad||A cup of veg soup+ veg salad||1 medium apple||“|
- Every morning drinking skimmed milk would provide you nutrients and lower calorie intake.
- The chart varies once in two days in order to lower the food consumption slowly.
- Adding banana to day 4 provides you with extra calcium and potassium that is needed for your body.
- Adding soups to your dinner gives you fullness with nutrients. Adding salad gives you all types of nutrients with dietary fibers needed for weight loss.
- These salads must contain cauliflower, carrot, cucumber, beans as they help to burn more calories. You can add these as half boiled or even raw.
- The soup must be freshly prepared and it’s better to have tomato soup as it burns more calories.
25. Calendar- 2 (1800 calories):
|Day 1||1 cup skimmed milk + 1 orange+2 slices of wheat bread||2 oranges||1 cup wheat rice+small cup veg soup+small cup fresh veg salad||Small cup veg soup||1 small cup oat meal+ small cup fresh veg|
|Day 4||1 cup skimmed milk+ 1 apple (or )1 apricot+1 slice of wheat bread||1 orange||“||“||2 slices of whole wheat bread+ fresh veg salad|
|Day 5||1/2 cup skimmed milk blended with ½ cup soya milk and 2 spoons of oat meal||1 medium apple (or) 1 oranges||½ cup wheat rice+ veg salad||1 cup of cucumber||“|
- The food is reduced day by day as usual and contains more vegetables and fruits that provide more nutrients
- In day 5, 6 and 7 there is a protein meal in the morning to help convert fat into muscles.
- Remember to work out 30 mins to 1 hr daily to burn more fat. Those who consume 1200 calories must burn 1800 calories daily and those consuming 1800 calories must burn a minimum of 2400 calories daily to reduce weight. Don’t forget to drink plenty of water.
- Start your day with few drops of lemon in hot water on empty stomach daily for better results.
Now, start watching every bite and shed those unnecessary pounds away!
Please leave a comment to tell us what works best for you!