We all love to eat chocolate but do you know that chocolate is not only tasty but also has many benefits for our health, skin and hair? Chocolates are made from cocoa beans, which belongs to deep tropical regions of South and Central America particularly in Ghana. Cacao beans are first roasted and then ground to produce cocoa. Cocoa beans are used in making cocoa powder, chocolate, and cocoa mass.
And no, the title of the article contains no typos! Cacao is seen by chocolate botanists and industry alike as the more relevant and accurate term. It is said that cocoa refers to the manufactured products of the cocoa plant as well as cocoa beans itself. This difference is seen only in English not in any other language. Cacao beans come from Theobroma cacao tree. Cacao beans are not refined from cocoa powder and are nutritionally more potent than cocoa beans.
Nutritional Value Of Cacao:
Cacao contains lots of vitamins and minerals and they are as follow:
Benefits Of Cacao:
Consuming and using cacao has many health benefits as it is used to nourish and treat skin and hair. So why should you use cacao? Read on to find out!
Skin Benefits Of Cacao:
A beautiful and healthy skin is a prerequisite to look good. Cacao works in an amazing way to keep the skin healthy.
- High in antioxidants Cacao blocks harmful free radicals in the body. It also protects the body against many diseases including premature aging.
- Cacao has good amount of vitamin C and magnesium, which helps in protecting the skin and keeping it healthy.
- Cacao contains omega 6 fatty acids, which helps in cellular healing. It also heals wounds and scars quickly.
- Cacao has a raw enzyme, which helps in repairing the cell and its rejuvenation.
- With super absorbent properties, it protects the skin from harmful UV rays and acts as a natural sunscreen.
- Cacao helps in increasing and protecting blood flow to the skin, keeping it healthy and glowing.
- Cacao helps in improving the skin’s complexion. It also provides hydration to the skin, which is a must for a younger looking skin.
Cacao is loaded with the useful antioxidants. Cacao is full of amazing skin benefits. Enriched with minerals and vitamins like Vitamin C, magnesium and omega 6 fatty acids, cacao promotes blood flow and increase cellular healing to develop a youthful glow. To get best result ensure that your beauty product contains at least 70 % of cacao.
Hair Benefits Of Cacao:
- Cacao helps in increasing blood circulation in your scalp, increasing the growth of healthy and lustrous locks. As it also acts as a circulation booster, it helps in reducing hair loss.
- Cacao also helps in improving overall health of the hair. It can help you get that dream voluminous and super glossy hair!
- Cacao has anti inflammatory properties, which helps in minimizing the odds of getting scalp infections.
Health Benefits Of Cacao:
- Cacao contains healthy antioxidants that helps boost your health and help you live longer and healthier.
- Cacao contains flavonoids antioxidants, which help to prevent cancer as well as Alzheimer disease. The darkest part of cacao contains higher amounts of flavonoids.
- You can use cacao for healthier heart. It also helps in reducing the blood pressure level.
- If you consume cacao you would be less prone to cardiovascular diseases.
- Cacao helps in maintaining a healthy weight. Try cacao instead of chocolate for a slimmer you. Fiber present in cacao helps in proper digestion of food. It also helps in managing the weight.
- Consuming cacao helps in decreasing arthritis and other diseases that produces blood clots.
- So, chuck chocolate and embrace cacao instead! It is a sure shot way to better health!
Have you ever tried using cacao? How did you use it in your diet? Share your experiences with us in the comments section.