No matter how you cook it, garlic chicken is always the showstopper at any event. That is why I have put together 25 garlic chicken recipes, each one is unique with its taste and flavor. Some of the recipes have a crispy exterior, while the meat inside is soft, succulent, and juicy. You can serve these recipes as appetizers or as a main course along with a delightful, crunchy salad,and some toasted bread slices.
25 Must Eat Garlic Chicken Recipes:
Let’s read and try some awesome garlic chicken recipes:
1. Garlic Chicken:
While using the garlic cloves as such keeps the flavor mild, you can crush and roast them. Add the roasted garlic and simmer the chicken in the mustard wine sauce! Lip smacking! Serve the dish hot along with sautéed baby spinach, pepper fry, and mashed potatoes. Do not forget your nuts and toasted bread for added crunch to the meal!
2. Crunchy Garlic Chicken:
Jamie Oliver recipes are always easy to follow and they taste fabulous too. You need not be a professional to learn the art of crumbling. Make sure you use butter and not cooking oil for the rich flavor. Enjoy it the way you like, but the best option would be to bake it until the chicken turns golden. The dish tastes fabulous with a crunchy exterior and a soft, gooey inside that melts in the mouth.
3. Chicken In Garlic-Vinegar Sauce:
Chicken simmered in a rich garlic-vinegar sauce along with the herbs makes this delicacy a tempting dinner solution. You even have the option of preparing this dish 24 hours before hand. So, if you want a laid-back weekend, yet want to enjoy a sumptuous meal, then this could be the perfect pick. Just heat the dish before serving with couscous and broccoli stir fry for a nutritious meal.
4. Chicken, Wild Mushroom, And Roasted-Garlic Sauté:
This is a simple delicacy where the chicken thighs are sautéed with richly roasted garlic. The red wine along with porcini, other mushroom variants, and herbs give this delicacy an addictive aroma and taste. Serve hot with a crusty bread of your choice. You can even opt for some fresh beans to be served along with this chicken.
5. Easy Garlic Chicken:
If you want to eat garlic chicken, but are feeling too lazy to spend some extra time and energy, then this could be your pick. This is sure to appease the palate of even the fussiest eater in the group. A baked variant, the blend of sugar and garlic renders a tempting glaze to the chicken. You can use the herbs of your choice in this versatile recipe to meet your palate requirements. Serve it with rice potato salad.
6. Garlic Cloves Chicken:
The name says it all. A rich garlicky delight, this gets its fabulous flavor from the liquor infused sauce. Add double cream along with generous amounts of tarragon to the sauce for an addictive flavor. A super delicious chicken delicacy, it can be served with rice and a simple veggie salad.
7. Ginger Garlic Chicken:
The blend of garlic and ginger gives a delightful flavor to any recipe. And this chicken recipe is no exception to this thumb rule. Chicken, tossed in corn flour, is deep fried before simmering in a tangy soy sauce. You can add herbs of your choice if you really like a flavor rich recipe. Serve it fresh along with hakka noodles.
8. Chinese Garlic Chicken:
The garlic flavor of the chicken breasts is the catch here. Make sure that the garlic is properly crushed for that lush flavor. The marinade is an awesome mixture of dry sherry and soy sauce. However, if you want, you can use a Burgundy wine instead.
9. Honey Garlic Chicken Wings:
Would you like to add a sweet note to your favorite chicken recipe? Then try this honey infused garlic chicken for your meal today. The actual recipe calls for the use of mild honey. But, you can use normal honey and adjust the quantity according to your preferences. Add more garlic cloves if you want. The perfect dish for a Chinese party! Make sure that the wings are properly cooked before you add the sauce.
10. Double Crisp Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts:
For an added taste of garlic, you can roast and powder the garlic and add it to the flour and spice mixture. Allow the chicken to turn crispy and brown before dipping in the garlic-honey sauce. Serve it as an appetizer or alongside fried rice or simple noodles.
11. Jalapeno-Lime Garlic Chicken:
The blend of jalapeno and garlic with the rest of the spices and lime juice provides the chicken an addictive taste. Make sure you cook the dish until the juices running out are clear. Serve it with a spicy dip of your choice as an appetizer. You can also serve it as a side dish with rotis or rice.
12. Garlic And Citrus Chicken:
A tangy chicken recipe with the flavors of orange and lemon! Chicken is stuffed with a blend of citrus fruits and haled garlic cloves before marinating with a blend of orange and lemon juice, oregano, garlic, and oil. This is then roasted to perfection. Serve hot with some crispy noodles.
13. Double Garlic Chicken Noodle Soup:
Beat your cold with this classic noodle soup. The ultimate comfort food, this soup is a treasure trove of herbs and spices. You can actually add to its flavors by adjusting the spices and herbs.
14. Garlic- Parmesan Buffalo Wings:
Cheese infused chicken wings is a favorite among people of all ages! You can include tomato ketchup in the sauce instead of hot sauce if you want to serve it in a ‘kids only’ party. Just before you serve, toss the crispy, brown, deep fried wings in the sauce generously to ensure even coating.
15. Slow Roasted Lemon Garlic Chicken:
You cannot just make this once and forget it. Beware! It is highly addictive! And cooking it is no rocket science either! Simple, easy, and fabulous – that is the simplest way to describe this chicken delight. Chunks of chicken are slow-roasted until they are caramelized and the flavors steeping all the way! Yummy is the word!
16. Creamy Mushroom-Garlic Chicken:
A creamy chicken recipe, this is a perfect side dish for the Indian flat breads and a simple veg pulao. Make sure you have your favorite greens ready to be served. While the recipe calls for a creamy mushroom soup with roasted garlic, you can use a mushroom soup of your choice. Melt one tablespoon of butter and roast about 20 garlic pods in it. Add it to the mushroom soup and simmer the same, so that the flavors steep in.
17. Skillet Garlic Chicken:
A classic skillet recipe, this has herb-infused chicken simmered in a garlic sauce. The taste of this dish is sure to leave you addicted, forcing you to ask for a second serving. Try this and you will be admired for your cooking skills!
18. Garlic Butter Spaghetti and Chicken:
Garlic lovers are sure to love this flavor-rich garlic butter spaghetti and chicken. An easy to prepare meal, this is perfect to spice up a lazy weekend night. You can be assured that your entire family will be crowding the table, and there will be no leftovers.
19. Garlic Parmesan Chicken Lasagna Bake:
A quick casserole recipe, this has loads of cheese and do not forget the peas and the noodles. Just enjoy it slowly, chewing each bite, and savoring the flavor! Use the freshest cheese available and pasta of your choice.
20. Garlic Cashew Chicken Casserole:
You don’t have to call up the restaurant to enjoy your favorite Chinese delicacy. Just try this to get a taste that’s authentic Chinese! Make this for a weekend brunch and be ready to be the center of appreciation!
21. Lemon Garlic Chicken:
Want to enjoy a tangy and creamy delight? Try this recipe! The combination of chicken with lemon and garlic is truly mouthwatering! Give it a try and you’ll be a fan forever.
- Herb seasoned breadcrumbs – ½ cup
- Lemon pepper – 2 tsp
- Lemon juice – ¼ tsp
- Garlic salt – ½ tsp
- Canola oil – 2 tbsp
- Chicken breasts – 4, boneless, skinless
- Non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degree Celsius.
2. Grease you shallow baking pan using a cooking spray.
3. In a sealable food grade bag, mix crumbs with lemon pepper and garlic salt.
4. In a different sealable food grade bag, mix oil with lemon juice.
5. Add chicken to the lemon juice-oil mixture and toss well.
6. Add chicken to the crumbs mixture and shake to ensure even coating.
7. Arrange in the baking pan, spray cooking spray, and bake for 25 minutes or until the juices run clear.
8. Serve hot with noodles.
22. Skillet Indian Flavored Garlic Chicken:
This one has assorted Indian spices in it along with the garlic. A spicy delicacy, it goes well with white wine and sautéed greens. Serve it as an appetizer.
- Chicken breasts – 6, boneless, skinless, halved
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 5 cloves, minced
- Condensed cream of sweet corn soup – 1 can
- Water – ½ cup
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Black pepper power – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Salt – to taste
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix chaat masala, garam masala, red chili powder, black pepper powder, and salt.
2. Add chicken breasts and dredge to ensure even coating.
3. Take a skillet and grease well with cooking oil.
4. Place on medium to high flame and heat for about 60 seconds.
5. Place the seasoned chicken and cook for about 15 minutes, turning halfway through, until both the sides turn evenly brown.
6. Transfer to a pan and keep warm.
7. Add minced garlic to the same skillet and sauté until brown.
8. Mix in soup, water, and allow to bubble and boil.
9. Pour over the chicken and serve hot with rice.
23. Easy Mozzarella Garlic Chicken:
When you are in a hurry, but want to prepare something tasty, then cheesy garlic chicken could be a good choice. I have included mozzarella in this, but you can use the freshest of the cheeses available to meet your flavor requirements.
- Chicken breasts – 6, skinless, boneless
- Mozzarella cheese – ½ cup, grated
- Instant Italian dressing – ½ cup
- Garlic powder – 1 tsp
1. Preheat the oven to 205 degree Celsius.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix cheese with dressing and garlic powder.
3. Add chicken breasts and roll to ensure even coating.
4. Grease a rectangular shallow baking dish slightly with cooking oil.
5. Arrange the dressing coated chicken breasts in the dish as a single layer.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken interior reaches a temperature of 165°F.
24. Garlic-Rosemary Roasted Chicken And Potatoes:
A garlic-rich chicken delicacy, you can have it whenever you want some. There is no special occasion required to enjoy this simple, yet fabulous delight.
- Chicken – 1 whole
- Butter – 5 tbsp, unsalted, softened
- Garlic – 8 cloves, minced
- Garlic – 1 whole head
- Rosemary – 5tbsp, finely chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper – to taste, freshly ground
- New baby potatoes – 3 cups, scrubbed
1. Preheat the oven to 205 degree Celsius.
2. Take a roasting pan having a rack and prepare it. Arrange it on the lower shelf of the oven rack.
3. Mix minced garlic and half the rosemary with butter and keep aside.
4. Rinse the chicken thoroughly. Using paper towels, pat and dry.
5. Season the cavity with pepper and salt.
6. Stuff the whole head of garlic and rest of the rosemary into the cavity.
7. Rub the chicken exterior generously with half of the garlic mixture. Season generously with pepper and salt.
8. Arrange the chicken on the rack and roast for half an hour.
9. Add potatoes to the leftover garlic mixture.
10. Arrange in the rack around the roasted chicken.
11. Dip a basting brush in the chicken drippings and baste the potatoes.
12. Roast for 60 more minutes, basting every now and then.
13. Continue roasting until a meat thermometer inserted between the thigh and leg of the chicken reads 180 degree F.
14. Take out, allow it to rest for 15 minutes, carve and serve with potatoes.
25. Baked Chicken With Onions, Potatoes, Garlic, And Thyme:
If you are in search of a one pot chicken dinner idea, then this aromatic recipe packed with lemon and herbs could come to your rescue. Make sure you have plenty of sautéed greens with you to serve with this chicken dish.
- Chicken breasts – 8, halved
- Potatoes – 2 cups, quartered
- Onions – 1 cup, thinly sliced
- Garlic – 16 cloves
- Thyme – 6 sprigs
- Lemon -1, cut into 4
- Olive oil – ¼ cup
- Balsamic vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper – freshly ground, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 230 degree Celsius.
2. Prepare a 12X16 inch roasting pan and arrange the chicken along with onions, garlic, potatoes, lemon, and thyme in it.
3. In a small mixing bowl, whisk vinegar and oil.
4. Drizzle this mixture over the chicken and veggies.
5. Toss to ensure even coating.
6. Season generously with pepper and salt.
7. Flip the chicken with the skin side facing upward.
8. Roast for 50 minutes or until the chicken turns brown.
9. Serve hot with salad of your choice.
You do not have to wait for a special occasion to prepare garlic chicken. The 25 garlic chicken recipes listed here are so versatile that they fit into every occasion.
What is your way of preparing garlic chicken? BBQ, tandoori, or something else? Share with us your views and recipes in the comments section below.