Carrot seed oil is a light yellow or orange-brown colored essential oil. It is extracted by steam distillation from the dried seeds of carrot plant Daucus Carota. It is also popularly called as‘Wild Carrot’ or ‘Queen Anne’s lace’. The active components of this oil with earthy aroma include carotol, carotene, luteolin, luteolin 3′-O-beta-D-glucopyranoside, luteolin 4′-O-beta-D-glucopyranoside, limonene, alpha and beta pinene, beta bisabolene, gamma terpinene, camphene, myrcene, sabinene, geranyl acetate, and so on. It is also loaded with antioxidants and Vitamin A.
Carrot seed oil has long been known for its natural medicinal properties. From curing gastrointestinal issues to providing protection from cancers, it can help us in many ways. The modern science has also revealed its efficiency as a beauty aid.
10 Health And Beauty Benefits Of Carrot Seed OilThe health and beauty benefits of the carrot seed oil are discussed below. Read on to know the health and beauty benefits of carrot seed oil:
1. Delays Aging:The antioxidant content of carrot seed oil repairs our damaged tissues and prevents further damages caused by oxidative stress. It delays various health issues related to aging. It also offers treatment for poor digestion, weak eyesight, macular degeneration, muscle weakening, sexual limitation, joint stiffening, and certain types of cancer. It also delays the visible signs of aging like wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, etc. The antioxidative properties of the oil provide protection to our skin from radical damages. Suppressing various signs of aging, it ultimately keeps us looking fresh and youthful for long.
2. Cures Infections:It can prevent and cure infections both internally and externally due to its antiviral and disinfectant properties. Topical application of this oil can heal open wounds on the skin. And its oral application treats internal infections developed in mouth, throat, stomach, intestine, urinary tract and colon. Carrot seed oil also cures cough, cold, flu, bronchitis, mumps, measles, rashes, sores, ulcers, psoriasis, carbuncles, gangrene, etc.
3. Detoxifies Body:Body detoxification is another benefit of carrot seed essential oil. It can remove all sorts of toxic materials from our tissues, muscle fibers, bloodstream, joints and internal organs, thereby averting diseases like jaundice, gout, edema, arthritis, etc.
4. Prevents Cancer:This oil is known for its anti-carcinogenic quality, which is mostly attributed to its antioxidant content. It can reduce the risks of developing stomach cancer, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, mouth cancer, throat, cancer, etc.
5. Removes Abdominal Gas:The carminative nature of carrot seed oil helps in eliminating the gas stored inside your stomach as well as intestines, thereby leaving you relieved.
6. Promotes Urination:Studies have shown that carrot seed essential oil is a strong diuretic. It plays a key role in increasing urination, which eventually helps in purging almost 4% of total body fat. It also removes excess bile and uric acid, lowers blood pressure, eradicates renal calculi, expels infection causing microbes and keeps the kidneys clean.
7. Regularizes Menses:This oil can improve your menstruation cycles by working as an emenagogue. Whether you are suffering from irregular cycles or getting painful menstruation, you can truly get rid of these issues by using it religiously.
8. Enhances Eyesight:The Vitamin A content of carrot seed essential oil helps to improve our eyesight. It also restores the health of damaged eye tissues and stops further damages.
9. Offers Sun Protection:Being rich in oil-soluble carotenoids, this oil can provide excellent protection to us from the harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun. This aids in the prevention of skin cancer to some extent. Also, as the immune response of our body goes significantly up, our skin does not get affected when exposed to sun for long hours. In addition, carrot seed oil contains Vitamin E and another potent antioxidant called ‘tocopheryl’, which heal sunburn effectively.
10. Rejuvenates Skin:If you have a dry and mature skin, carrot seed oil can be your savior. The Vitamin C and Vitamin E present in it work together to condition the skin cells and keep them well-hydrated. It can moisturize the skin and balance its oil secretion perfectly without clogging the pores. Above all, it can promote the growth of new skin cells, thereby giving us a fresh and rejuvenated look.
Stock your share of carrot seed oil at the earliest to avail its benefits.
Write below to let us know if the information was beneficial. Share the other benefits of this wondrous oil that have come your way.