After a hard day at work, nothing feels better than removing all that makeup and going to bed. But wait! Does your skin look too oily or flaky at the end of the day? Are the pores open wide, making your skin look uneven? With so much pollution in the air, it is hardly a surprise that our skin looks dull or greasy. No matter how expensive your skin care products are, the problems seem to persist when you go out for a long time or are exposed to harsh sunlight. Makeup can just do so much to hide the flaws of your skin.
Don’t be disheartened! The reflection staring back at you from the mirror can have healthy skin. How? Simply follow the healthy skin home remedies mentioned here, and you too can boast of beautiful skin!
Top 10 Home Remedies for Healthy Skin:Check out these 10 natural remedies for healthy skin that will give back your skin that youthful, healthy glow.
1. Mint:Mint is great for giving your skin a refreshed feeling because it contains menthol, which is a naturally soothing and cooling chemical. You can juice some mint leaves and apply it on your face overnight. This reduces pimples and acne. You can also prepare a face pack out of mint leaf paste and lemon juice. Apply and leave till dry and wash off to reveal beautiful skin!
2. Olive Oil:Olive oil can be directly applied on the skin. You can also make a solution of 1 tablespoon each of olive oil, milk and honey and apply this on your skin. Leave for 10 minutes and using a cotton ball dipped in lukewarm water, remove it from the skin.
3. Lemon Juice:Lemon juice is a mild bleaching agent. If your complexion has been tanned by prolonged exposure to the sun, try making a loose paste of honey, milk powder, and lemon juice with a little almond oil. Apply it on your face and neck and let it dry. Rinse off with cold water to get glowing skin.
4. Aloe Vera:Take some pulp of aloe vera and beat it with one egg white and 2 teaspoons of powdered milk. Coat your face with a thin layer of this mixture and let it dry. Wash it off and do the same again. Repeat the process for half an hour and wow the world with your radiance!
5. Fuller’s Earth:For those with oily skin, mix some orange juice, honey, rose water, and fuller’s earth to make a loose paste. Apply this on your face and leave it on for fifteen minutes. Once dry, wipe it off with towel drenched in cold water. This is one of the best home remedies for healthy skin that will not only remove the extra oil from the skin but will also nourish it.
6. Papaya:Papaya contains an enzyme called papain. Papain has antibacterial properties and can heal small wounds. It is also a good scrub and removes dead skin cells. To make a papaya scrub, mix grated papaya, cocoa, milk based cleaner and some oatmeal. Apply this firm paste on the skin and leave for 10 minutes. Scrubbing well, wash it off to get glowing skin.
7. Turmeric:What can we say about turmeric that hasn’t been said before! This Indian herb has been used to treat pimples and acne for ages. When turmeric paste is mixed with milk and applied to the skin, it makes the skin glow naturally. It reduces blemishes and pigmentation and is also an antiseptic. To remove wrinkles, apply a paste of turmeric and sugarcane juice. To treat dark circles, replace sugarcane with pineapple.
8. Sleep Well:Getting 7-8 hours of sleep every day keeps your skin fresh. Sleeping too little leads to under eye dark circles that ca make you look older. Early onset of wrinkles is also triggered by lack of sleep. So, switch off your mobile, Facebook can wait, sleep will not! Is it not the best remedies for healthy skin?
9. Eat Well:Repeat after me—fruits and vegetables are good! Yes, eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Replace oily and fatty food with green vegetables, which are full of nutrients. Food rich in antioxidants help nourish the skin and imparts a glow to it.
10. Drink Well:Water, that is! Drinking lots of water is essential if you want to have a glowing, healthy skin. Water flushes out toxins from your system and re-hydrates dry looking skin.
You can adopt one or more of these healthy skin home remedies to give your skin a healthy boost. The last three remedies of the list are absolutely essential. Apart from these, take all possible precautions to protect your skin from sunlight and UV rays—wear a good sun-block with SPF 60 or more. Cover up with a scarf or hat and stay in the shade!
Stay beautiful, naturally, with these home remedies. Your skin will glow with good health and you’ll fall in love with yourself for sure!
How do you pamper your skin? Share your tips with us in the comments section below!