Dry skin can make you look dull and old. It’s pretty obvious that dry skin needs hydration to look healthy. But not many know that even people with normal, combination, and oily skin need to moisturize their skin!
No matter the season, a moisturizer is essential for beautiful skin. Using a moisturizer everyday can make your skin glow and provide deep hydration. The sun’s UV rays, along with dry winter season, can cause lot of damage to the skin, making it very dry. This dryness further leads to itching, dry patches, and many other skin problems. If you want your skin to stay free of these problems, you’ll need to moisturize it daily.
Although there are numerous moisturizers available in online stores and retail shops, you can actually make them at home too. These home made moisturizers contain fresh nutrients and can provide amazing results:
Home Remedies for Moisturizing Skin
1. Homemade Butter:How do you make homemade butter? The process involved is very simple. When butter milk or curd is churned, plenty of butter will appear on top and it can be removed and kept aside. This has a lot of moisture that smoothes the skin. Fresh application of butter will in fact provide a perfect glow to the skin, keeping it fair and tan free.
2. Butter Milk:Butter milk has a lot of nutrients that is perfect for external application. Butter milk is easily absorbed into the skin and makes it smooth and soft. Additionally, it keeps away wrinkles and offers plenty of moisture to the skin.
3. Milk Cream:Dry and dull skin can really make you look haggard. But the solution is in your fridge! Fresh milk cream made at home can be a wonderful way to get that glowing skin back. Milk cream can also provide fairness and keep away dark circles and skin tan. Regular massage with milk cream can definitely give amazing results. No doubt, this is one of the perfect home remedies for moisturizing dry skin.
4. Sesame Oil:Dry and itchy skin requires deep hydration and what better then sesame oil to do the trick? Sesame oil stays on the skin for longer and brings a shiny, soft look to the skin. With regular application of sesame oil, you’ll require no additional moisturizer. Applying it generously on the skin and leaving it for 5-10 minutes, will give you smooth skin for sure.
5. Almond Oil:Almond oil is very rich in vitamin E and vitamin A. It has an amazing aroma and works great as a moisturizer. Bonus: Using it will give good nights sleep too.
6. Olive Oil:Olive oil is one of the best home remedies to moisturize dry skin when it comes to skin problems. Apply it and massage for a couple of minutes. You can even leave it overnight and take a shower early the next day morning for fresh skin.
7. Fresh Cold Milk:Apply cold milk and massage gently. It is a very effective way to hydrate all skin types. Cold milk is easily absorbed into the skin pores and adds a lot of moisture to the skin. You can wash off the milk with warm water and allow the skin to air dry.
8. Coconut Oil:Coconut oil offers excellent soothing effects for all skin types. Make sure to use this oil at least once in a week and allow it to be absorbed by the skin. With regular application, you’ll soon notice a smoother and softer skin. While washing, ensure that the water is lukewarm and not hot, as hot water can sap moisture from the skin.
9. Carrot Juice and Milk Cream:Carrot is good for the eyes—that’s something we all know. But did you know that it’s great for the skin too? Carrots are full of vitamin A that makes the skin glow! Add 2-3 tsp of milk cream to a small cup of carrot juice and mix it. Apply it gently on the skin and massage for a while. After a couple of minutes, wash it off and pat dry with a soft towel.
10. Aloe Vera Gel:Keep an aloe vera plant in your balcony. It grows very quickly and within no time, you’ll have a home moisturizer at your disposal! Peel off the outer part and remove the inside stem that secretes a gel in a couple of seconds. Make sure to mash it nicely and apply it immediately. Allow it dry for a while and then wash off with warm water. Aloe vera gel has plenty of nutrients like vitamin E and vitamin A that are great for the skin.
These cost effective, easy to make moisturizers can keep you looking beautiful and young. Why spend tons of money on chemical laden products when you can get the same benefits at next to no cost?
How do you moisturize your skin? Have you used any of these home remedies for moisturizing skin? Do let us know your thoughts in comment section below.