Ever felt an urge to itch your skin, only to next see deep red patches develop? There are a lot of things that can cause skin irritation—pimples, acne, allergies, sun exposure, etc. These things might end up turning your skin red, or making it burn, or even sting. There are many remedies for skin irritation. The perfect remedy depends on the cause of the skin irritation and your skin’s sensitivity. You can find most of the things needed to treat skin irritation right at your home!
Top 10 Home Remedies for Skin Irritation:Check out some of the most popular treatments for skin irritation:
1. Aloe Vera:Aloe Vera is probably the best product you can use to soothe skin irritation. Aloe Vera can moisturize your skin and soothe it as well. It is perfect for skin rashes, itchy skin, sun burnt skin or even acne-riddled skin.
2. Coconut Oil:Coconut oil also acts as a soothing agent and is the best skin irritation remedies. It can cure skin irritation with just a few applications. It can soothe sun burnt skin, skin rashes, etc. It’s organic, so you don’t have to worry about having adverse reactions to it either.
3. Lemon:By lemon, we mean lemon juice. The juice squeezed from a lemon can be incredibly good for the skin. It can help sun burns, as it acts as a de-tanning agent. It is also good for getting rid of itchy skin or rashes. The citric acid in the lemon juice is really good for the skin. Lemon juice might slightly irritate your skin for the first few seconds after application, but the irritation will pass soon, leaving your skin irritation free.
4. Olive Oil:Olive Oil is an awesome option when it comes to curing skin rashes and irritation related to acne. You should directly apply some olive oil to your rash and the rash will be gone in a few days. Make sure that you use just a little bit of the oil, though.
5. Baking Soda:Believe it or not, baking soda is a wonderful cure for skin irritation. It’s an anti-bacterial product and it’s perfect for reducing mild irritation. You should mix baking soda with water and apply the paste on the part of skin that is irritated.
Note: If your skin is really sensitive, or broken, do not use baking soda on it.
6. Moisturizing Lotion:A simple moisturizing lotion can go a long way in curing your skin irritation. There is a chance that your skin irritation is caused by mere dryness, and moisturizer is the best cure for that. Moisturizing lotion is good for sun burnt skin as well. Always opt for the water-based moisturizers for curing skin irritation.
7. Diaper Rash Cream:This might sound like a joke, but this is actually a wonderful cure. One of the effective remedies for skin irritation. Diaper rash cream is really mild, for it is made for a baby’s skin. If your skin is really sensitive, this is the best option for you. Apply small amounts of the diaper rash cream on your skin 2 to 3 times a day—if it can heal the baby’s tender skin, it sure can heal your skin too!
8. Petroleum Jelly:Petroleum jelly is available almost everywhere and good home remedies for itchy irritated skin. Chances are that you’ll have a jar lying around at your house too. Just find it because it is extremely good for skin irritation. It has a really soothing effect on the skin so it can be used on rashes and sunburns as well. It’s rather cheap, so you can use it on your entire body if you want.
9. Medicated OTC Topical Cream:There are many medicated creams that are meant to handle particular skin conditions. If you have tried all the above measures and none of them have worked, using medicated topical creams might be your only way out. There are many anti-itch creams, anti-acne creams and antihistamines available in the market. You can get in touch with a dermatologist and get the right medication prescribed.
10. Ice or Cold Compress:This is probably the simplest solution, but is extremely effective. A cold compress, or some ice, can go a long way in curing your skin irritation. Even if it does not cure the irritation, it can provide temporary relief.
These are but a few of the many home remedies for skin irritation that will not fail you. Try them the instant you feel the urge to itch your skin or you see blotches developing. These remedies will soothe your skin and keep it soft and glowing too!
What do you do to ease skin irritation? Do share your tips with us in the comments section below.