Jennifer Lopez is known as much for her music as for her shapely derriere! It is no wonder that most women and some men aspire for the perfectly toned hips. Without weight training, you simply cannot tone your buttocks. Toning exercises not only helps the glutes but are also useful for your hamstrings and quads. If you want to make this exercise even more effective then use dumbbells. The best and easiest butt-toning exercise is walking or standing lungs.
Top 16 Exercises to Tone Buttocks:If you are looking for a fit and healthy body along with toned muscles, then choose easy workouts that suit your lifestyle, or better still, consult your physician. Choice is yours!
1. Simple Bridge:
- Place your body on a flat surface, placing your arms flat at your sides.
- Lift your hips into the air, keeping your arms straight, while bending your knee.
- Stay in the position at least for 15 to 20 seconds. Repeat this 12 to 15 times.
- Stand with your hands and arms straight in front of you, keeping your back straight.
- Slowly squat in the pose as you sit in a chair.
- Stop when your thighs are level with the surface, and your knees are fixed at a 90 degree angle.
- Do this 5 to 6 times.
3. Front Lunges:
This is definitely the best exercise to tone buttocks.
- To start, stand up straight with your hands on your hips. Take a large footstep forward with one leg, bending at the knee, while keeping it at a 90 degree angle.
- Step back. Repeat 15 to 20 times with each foot.
4. Side Lunges:
A side lunge exercise is same as the front lunge.
- The difference is only that you have to go forward with only one leg when you go left then use left leg and when right then use only right leg.
- In this exercise, balancing is very important.
5. Back Lunges:
This exercise is also similar to the front lunge butt exercise.
- In back lunges you have to step backwards.
- You have to do this exercise very slowly when compare to front lunges exercise.
Yoga is a very popular option for toning your muscles. Yoga can give you the balance and also shape. Try and find a good yoga instructor to get the buttocks of your dreams.
7. Scissor Kicks:
- Lie straight on the mat, hold up one elbow.
- Lift your leg slowly and keep both the legs straight.
- Hold it in this position for 15 seconds, and then lower your leg. Repeat 15 times with each leg.
Running is also wonderful exercise for toning your butt. It is easy and best of all-Free! If you can’t run then simple jogging and walking can also help tone your hips. .
Biking is very simple and also an old style exercise for your buttocks. But be careful while cycling outside. Ensure that you have all the protective gear in place.
- In deadlifts, hold the dumbbells in front of your thighs.
- Keep your knees straight, as you push your hips back and bend forward from the abdomen, lowering the dumbbells at your feet.
- Once your back is parallel to the floor, straighten back up to complete the rep.
- It is beneficial to tighten your hip muscles.
11. Standing Diagonal Kicks:
- Stand straight and place your hands on the back of a chair for balance.
- Slowly raise one leg transversely, and then slowly lower it.
- Hold it in position for ten to fifteen seconds.
12. Leg Lift:
- Lie down on the mat with your legs straight in air.
- With your hands and arms flat on the mat, raise your hips off the ground.
- Hold for five seconds. Repeat ten to fifteen times with both the leg.
This exercise includes simple up and down steps and is the best exercise for your butt. Try on your desired workout with your favorite song and keep moving to the beat.
14. Forward Bends and Kicks:
- Stand with your feet together and arms at your sides.
- Bend forward, while lifting one leg behind you, and move your arms out in front of you for stability.
- Repeat this for 10 to 12 times.
15. Buttock Pinches:
- Buttock pinches is also a good workout for toning your butt.
- Start by standing tall, with your feet together.
- Stand on your tip-toes, then “punch” your butt, hold for five seconds, then lower yourself back down.
16. Elliptical Machine:
The elliptical machine is the most popular gym equipment and is also very beneficial for toning the muscles especially that of the butt. It also gives a good workout to your heart.
- Always warm up for at least 5 minutes before starting exercises to tone buttocks and thighs.
- Stretch your muscles every time.
There are some exercises which are best done in cold weather and are beneficial for all the muscles in the body.
1. You burn more calories.
2. Your survival presentation increases.
3. Exercise in the winter can be useful to fight with SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder).
4. Exercise is very useful to increase the feel good hormones (endorphins), which improves your mood and make you happier.
5. It also gives energy as well as joy.
So, these are the some examples of exercises for toning your buttock muscles and I hope you will enjoy these but remember to consult your physician before you embark on a journey to get curvaceous hips!
Did you find this article useful? What do you do to tone your buttock muscles? Share your tips with us in the comments section below.