Are you a fruit juice junky? If yes, you will love honeydew melon juice by reaping its benefits. Honeydew melon juice is a refreshing drink to have on a hot summer day. Low in calories, it satiates your sweet cravings as it delivers the essential Vitamins like B and C, and minerals, such as potassium, magnesium, calcium iron and zinc.
11 Health Benefits Of Honeydew Melon Juice:Here are provided some of the health benefits of this tropical fruit.
1. Fights Cholesterol:Honeydew melon has high soluble fibre content, which helps reduce high cholesterol levels. Bad cholesterol, also known as LDL cholesterol, caused by plaque is flushed out of the system by soluble fiber.
2. Strengthens Bones And Teeth:Rich in calcium, this fruit helps to strengthen and develop healthy bones and teeth by providing the necessary calcium to the body.
3. Excellent Hydration:As honeydew melon stores water in its flesh, the juice extract can supply your body with essential minerals, such as potassium, magnesium, iron and zinc. It is the best alternative to mineral water. The fruit is made up of 90% water and is a great thirst quencher.
4. Good For Digestion:The fruit also has insoluble fibre which aids digestion. A glass of honeydew melon juice can cure constipation and bloating instantly. It also strengthens kidneys by flushing out the toxins efficiently.
5. Ideal For Hypertension:People, who suffer from hypertension, can reap the benefits of this juice, as it reduces elevated blood pressure. Honeydew is a sweet and sour fruit and is a good alternative to salt. Since it contains potassium, it helps to fight hypertension.
6. Immunity Booster:Studies show a single glass of honeydew melon juice contains 34% of the body’s Vitamin C requirement. This vitamin plays an important role in strengthening and boosting the immune system.
7. Good For Pregnant Women:This juice contains all the essential minerals and vitamins that are required for the development of a healthy fetus. Moreover, the juice also relieves other common problems of pregnancy, such as indigestion and gas.
8. Great Nourishment For Skin:The Vitamin C content in honeydew melon juice is good for the skin as it improves collagen levels. Collagen is a type of protein that helps strengthen skin cells and blood vessels. It also helps fight the effects of aging, such as wrinkles and sagging of the skin.
9. Promotes Healthy Eyes And Vision:Honeydew melon juice contains lutein and zeaxanthin, which are phytonutrients and required for healthy eyes. Daily consumption of this juice improves vision and also reduces the risk of cataract and eye infections.
10. Works As Diuretic:This juice is a natural diuretic and helps fight water retention by flushing out toxins and salts that cause water retention in the body. People, who suffer from diabetes, can have this juice every day to avoid fluid retention in their bodies.
11. Supports Weight Loss:People, who want to lose weight, can drink a glass of honeydew melon juice every day. Regarded as the best alternative to natural colon cleansing, it helps to maintain a healthy colon.
Tips To Use Honeydew Melon:Look for a fruit that has a creamy white or pale texture. A ripe fruit will have a lovely aromatic smell and you can easily tell that it is ready to be juiced. Even if the fruit is not ripe, let it stay at room temperature for a couple of days to make it ripe.
If you want to enjoy the benefits of honeydew melon juice throughout the year, peel and cut the fruit into small cubes and freeze those. You can also freeze the juice directly.
Are you ready to have a glass of honeydew melon juice? Start today and be healthy, always!
So have you tried honeydew melon juice? Do share your favorite honeydew juice recipes with us in the comments section.