Say waffles and one can almost smell the exotic aroma… Add to that fact a nutritional angle, and you have a perfect snack.
- 1 cup boiled green peas
- 1/2 cup semolina (rava)
- 5 tbsp urad dal (split black lentil) flour
- 1 tbsp low fat curds (dahi)
- 2 1/2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp crushed cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 tsp fruit salt
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Grind the green peas in a blender to a coarse paste.
- Add the semolina, urad dal flour, curds, green chillies, cumin seeds, coriander, asafoetida, salt, oil and ¾ cup of water and mix well to make a smooth batter.
- Add the fruit salt and mix gently.
- Pre-heat a waffle iron.
- Grease it lightly with ½ teaspoon of oil. Pour half the green pea batter and spread evenly. Cook for 2 minutes, until the waffle is golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve hot.