Jumping jacks is a child's workout but extremely daunting for adults, especially doing 100 jumping jacks a day. Jumping jacks is a structural workout and a perfect exercise to include in your warm up session. Here's why you should take up jumping jacks and feel the difference with your workout.
Benefits of Jumping Jacks You Didn't Know:
1) It is a cardiovascular exercise, in the sense that it increases heart rate and increases metabolism.
2) It is an effective exercise for the joints and to strengthen them.
3) It improves the oxygen levels in the body and gives a boost to blood circulation.
4) It is a full-body workout.
5) It strengthens your core muscles.
6) With the inclusion of squats, the exercises target your leg muscles and abdominal muscles too.
7) Jumping jacks release endorphins, thereby reducing stress level in the body.
8) It is a great way to increase energy levels too.
Jumping jacks and calories:
Jumping jacks can be incorporated in circuit training or high-intensity interval training to reap maximum benefits. Increase the intensity of jumping jacks to lose weight and replace it with muscles. According to Livestrong, ‘a person weighing 150 pounds will burn about 274 calories in a 30-minute bout of jumping jacks when they're done at a vigorous intensity'.