They say, ‘face is the index of the mind’, and rightly so. Everyone wants to look pretty and beautiful with a radiant glow on the flawless skin. But, due to environmental pollution, general health conditions and hectic lifestyle, it’s difficult to look our best. So what to do when you are losing your facial glow to every day’s ups and downs? Kitchen solutions and remedies before running to the doctor, right? How about using the goodness of honey and olive oil?
Honey is a hygroscopic substance, which retains the moisture. Olive oil offers one of the best treatments for dry skin. Pampering the skin, these ingredients make the skin look its absolute best!
Honey For Beautiful Skin:Let’s start with honey. You can use only honey or as a part of other face packs.
- Honey is one of the best moisturizers for the dry skin. Apply honey on clean face, and after 15 minutes, wash away. Regularly use this to get the best results.
- Honey also offers an effective cure for acne. You can again use only honey or combine it with lime juice for best effects. Apply the mixture all over your face. On regular usage, it reduces the acne and lightens the blemishes.
- Honey with cinnamon is yet another cure for acne. Apply the mixture on zits and wash after it dries. Be careful not to scrub though.
Olive Oil For Beautiful Skin:Now let’s see how olive oil works for the face. Homer described this oil as ‘liquid gold’, so let’s see how to incorporate the oil in our skin care regimen.
- Olive oil penetrates deep into the skin without any clogging. You can use this as an amazing moisturizer. A few drops of oil massaged into the skin is sufficient enough to offer you a beautiful skin.
- Olive oil can be used as an exfoliator too. Mix it with sea salt, and use the mixture to gently rub the face. Taking away the dead cells, it will add a glow to your face. You can use the same mixture for your whole body too.
- What happens when you combine both honey and olive oil? You get the benefits of both. Honey with its moisture retaining property, and olive oil with its moisturizing property together, lead to a well moisturized and pampered skin.
How To Make Honey And Olive Oil Face Pack:To make the honey and olive oil face pack you’ll need:
- One small bowl of honey
- One small bowl of olive oil
- One small bowl of little lemon if you have oily skin
If you have oily skin, add a few drops of lemon juice after it cools down and mix them well. Apply the mixture on clean skin and let it stay for a few minutes until the mixture dries. Wash away and follow up with a good moisturizer to lock the moisture in.
If your skin is dry, then stay away from lemon juice and add more olive oil. If you lean towards oily skin, lessen the olive oil and increase the lemon juice. If you have combination skin, add honey and olive oil in equal proportion. Add lemon juice, only if you suffer from acne/blemishes.
This mixture can be used every day. As long as you are not allergic to any of the ingredients, it’s safe. Regular use of olive oil and honey will leave you with a skin that’s flawless and beautiful.
How do you achieve happy skin? What is your night time skin care routine? Is there any other effective face pack using honey and olive oil? Shoot a comment and let us know.